The biceps is the muscle on the front of your upper arm, in between your shoulder and your elbow. Its primary function is flexion (bending) of the elbow. Thus, when we add resistance while performing elbow flexion, we target the biceps muscles. You can do this with machines, a barbell, a pair of SelectTechs – Anything that provides added resistance.
- Choosing the incorrect weight, either too heavy or too light.
- Swinging the weight and using momentum rather than controlling the movement through the entire range of motion.
- Choose a weight where the last few repetitions are difficult, yet you can still maintain proper form
- Do 1-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions
- Go slowly, raising the weight up towards your shoulders on a 1-2 count and lowering it down on a 2-3 count
- While holding a pair of dumbbells down by your sides, open your hands so your palms face forwards
- Bending at the elbows, slowly bring the dumbbells up towards your shoulders, then lower them back down until your arms are almost fully extended.
- Always do this workout in addition with Tricep Curl/Extension
|© 2023, Koeiweb.nl | KVK 81661010|